Experience a several day-long tour with a mountain guide.
The Kamnik-Savinja Alps horseshoe trail
A very demanding 4 to 5-day tour along the highest mountain peaks of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps and along the valley of the alpine river Kamniška Bistrica. It is aimed at experienced mountaineers eager to test themselves with a very challenging tour. However, the efforts will more than pay off – the tour offers a superb experience of the mountain world: panoramic views, steep crags, interesting karst mountain rock formations, alpine plateaus covered with verdant pastures, an opportunity to observe ibexes and eagles in their natural habitat and the sights and scents of wild mountain flowers. Spending the night and enjoying the homely fare at mountain cottages adds further charm to the tour. Due to the difficulty of the tourb appropriate mountain equipment and guidance of a mountain guide are essential. Mountain guides can be booed at tourist information centres.
- Time: 4-5 days
- Lenght: 40 km; 6100 m height difference
- Difficulty: red category (tehnical skill and endurance)
- Starting & final point: Stahovica – bus stazion/Mountain hut at Gospinec
- GPS coordinates: N 46,2673 / E 14,6037
- Map: Kamnik-Savinja Alps: Selected hiking trails 1:50000